Body image is a huge topic that can be talked about for hours on end. For so long, we’ve been taught to hate our bodies. We’re taught that we need to be thin, have a thigh gap, and have a perfect hourglass figure. We’re taught that if we don’t have all of these things, then we’re not good enough. We’re taught that we need to be ashamed of our bodies. This is so wrong.
If you’re struggling to love your body, you’re not alone. In this article, we’ll share some tips on how to love your body again. Keep reading to learn more.
Do something to treat yourself.
There’s no question that we all have times when we don’t love our bodies. It might be after we’ve gained a few pounds, or maybe we can’t seem to shake that last bit of baby weight. It might be that we’ve been struggling with an eating disorder or body dysmorphia for years. Or maybe we just don’t feel good in our skin right now for no specific reason. No matter what the reason, it’s important to remember that your body is always worth loving. And it’s always worth treating, even when you don’t feel like it. Whether that looks like searching for “laser hair removal near me” or buying yourself a sundae, do what feels right for you.
Honor your body’s needs.
When the body is properly taken care of, it will be able to function at its best, and love will return in the process. Neglecting the body can lead to health problems and decreased energy levels. Conversely, taking care of the body leads to feelings of happiness, joy, and self-love. You should work on incorporating healthy habits into everyday life in order to achieve a positive relationship with one’s body. Some specific tips are eating nutrient-rich foods, drinking plenty of water, practicing yoga or another form of exercise, choosing a better fitting bra via a bra fitting guide, and getting adequate sleep each night.
Follow body-positive social media accounts.
Body positivity is a movement that celebrates all body types. No longer do we have to feel guilty or ashamed of our bodies. The body positive movement is about accepting and loving ourselves, no matter what our size or shape. If you’re looking for body-positive social media accounts to follow, here are a few of our favorites:
- @bodypositivefridays: This account is all about self-love and acceptance. It features inspiring quotes and photos that will make you feel good about yourself.
- @effyourbeautystandards: This account is dedicated to redefining beauty standards. It features empowering photos of people of all shapes and sizes.
- @thebodypositive: This account is run by The Body Positive, a nonprofit organization that promotes body positivity and self-love. It features inspiring stories and photos of people who have
- @mynameisjessamyn: This account is run by Jessamyn Stanley, a body-positive yoga teacher and activist. It features photos and videos of Jessamyn demonstrating how to love your body, no matter what it looks like.
- @selfloveclub: This account is all about self-love and positive body image. It features inspiring quotes, articles, and photos that will help you love yourself and your body.
Embrace your flaws.
When you hate your body, it feels like you’re living in prison. Every day, you’re trapped in a cell of your own design, with no way out. You can’t stand to look at yourself in the mirror, so you avoid it at all costs. You feel ashamed and embarrassed of your body like there’s something fundamentally wrong with you. It’s hard to be happy when you hate yourself. But it’s not impossible. You can start to love your body again by embracing your flaws. Yes, your flaws. The things you think are ugly or wrong or embarrassing. When you accept these things, you cease to be their victim. They no longer have power over you. Instead, you take that power back. Overall, this guide is important because it provides strategies for developing a healthy body image and improving self-esteem.